The Szekler Museum in Ciuc
The Szekler Museum of Ciuc, as an institution, was born in 1950.
Since 1970, the headquarters of the Szekler Museum in Ciuc is the Mikó Castle Fortress, known as “the Fortress", the oldest and most important historical monument in Miercurea-Ciuc.
The museum’s collections:
1. Plastic arts, with 7823 works from 207 artists;
2. Ethnography, including folk furniture, wooden and metal objects used in agriculture, objects used in animal husbandry and shepherding, objects used in milk processing, folk handicraft items, folk ceramics and folk musical instruments: cello, folk violin, clarinet and trumpet. The textile collection (3336 pieces) is made of indoor textiles and folk costumes;
3. An open-air exhibition with peasant houses and Szekler gates built of wood;
4. Archeology, a collection of 90,000 objects of clay, stone, bone, metal, etc., jewelery, numismatics;
5. Old books, a collection containing the old inventory of the Library of the Franciscan Order from Şumuleu Ciuc, the library of the Roman Catholic Gymnasium, manuscripts, printouts, magazines, archival materials and the toolbox of the Franciscan Book Binding from Şumuleu;
6. Natural sciences, including the following collections: "Mineral Waters", "Herbarium", "Birds and Mammals", "Minerals and Rocks";
7. Arms Collection;
8. Religious art.
- Miercurea Ciuc