The Wooden Church Sf. Nicolae Bilbor
Bilbor 537020, Romania
Between 1795 and 1797, craftsmen from Bucovina built the Orthodox wooden church, dedicated to St. Nicholas. It is located in the eastern part of the city. The historic monument has a tall roof and a three-lobe shape. The bell of the church is also noteworthy.
The church was consecrated in 1837 by the Romanian bishop Lemeny János. The furniture is valuable, and the same is true about the mural paintings - the ten ancient icons, which are masterpieces of naive painting. At the same time, there are several invaluable items inside the church, such as the linden carved chandelier, the four ceremonial crosses, or the icons depicting St. Nicholas.
Text and photo source: http://virtualisszekelyfold.ro/