The Reformed Church Porumbenii Mari


Address

Porumbenii Mari 537214, Romania

About

The church is in the center of the village, on a hill. The current Church, which was built during the Middle Age, was rebuilt several times over the centuries.

The oldest part of the church is the massive nave, which was probably built in the 13th century. A porch was later added in front of the arched entrance from the South. Near the entrance to the south, on the first layer of plaster, there is a drawing of a vault in late Gothic style. Above the Western entrance of the nave there are two handrails, with an inscription: BUILT IN 1843 ("EMELTETETT 1843").

Text and photo source: http://virtualisszekelyfold.ro/

Location

  • Porumbenii Mari

Similar Suggestions

The roman catholic church Saint Antony of Padua - Ciceu

Church

Roman Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist in Csíkdelne

Church

Holy Mary of God roman catholic church

Church

St. Stephen roman catholic church in Borsec

Church

Saint Ion Nepomuk church

Church