Salvator/Passió Chapel Șumuleu Ciuc


Address

Șumuleu Ciuc, Miercurea Ciuc, Romania

About

There are three chapels on Şumuleu Mic, of which, without doubt, the most valuable is the chapel dedicated to the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ, the Salvator medieval chapel.

The chapel dated in the second half of the 15th century was built according to tradition to commemorate the siege of Belgrade in 1456, because the battle was won by invoking the name of the Savior on August 6 on the day of the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ (in Latin Transfiguratio Salvatoris - abbreviated Salvator).

The chapel was rebuilt in the seventeenth century, with a single nave and square altar, a wooden structure hallway covered with a hussar tower. This expansion was replaced in the nineteenth century with a stone-built hallway.

Similar Suggestions

The Passion Chapel

Monastery

The Franciscan Monastery

Monastery

Izvoru Mureşului Assumption Monastery

Monastery

Saint Ilie Monastery Toplita

Monastery

The Roman Catholic Chapel St. Ana

Monastery