The Reformed Church Odorheiu Secuiesc


Address

Piața Városháza, Odorheiu Secuiesc 535600, Romania

About

The Reformed Church, built at the end of the 18th century, borders the Városháza Square on its Western side. On the same spot, there was a reformed church dating back to 1633. The edifice built of wood on a stone foundation turned out to be too small, so that in 1780 a new church was built, under the guidance of Schmidt Pál. The church was finished in 1781.

The new church divides the market into two. The construction was supported by the Rector Professor of the Reformed College, Baczkamadarasi Kis Gergely, whose initials are engraved on the west side of the roof, accompanied by the date 1781.

The 588 m² church has a simple layout, showing features of baroque and classicism. The harmonious interior, topped by arches, has two lateral galleries and a stall for the church’s organ. The galleries are placed on pillars, these being in turn surrounded by semicircular arcades.

Text and photo source: http://www.odorhei-turism.ro/

Location

  • Odorheiu Secuiesc

Photo Gallery

Similar Suggestions

The roman catholic church Saint Antony of Padua - Ciceu

Church

Roman Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist in Csíkdelne

Church

Holy Mary of God roman catholic church

Church

St. Stephen roman catholic church in Borsec

Church

Saint Ion Nepomuk church

Church