The Reformed Church Mugeni
The Reformed Church in Mugeni is probably the most important medieval church of the Odorhei area. It is supposed to have been built in the 13th - 14th centuries.
During the 1300's, the nave's side walls were covered at least twice with mural paintings. There are traces of mural paintings on the facade. Today, there are wall murals inside the church, on the western and northern walls of the nave. On the top, there are fragments from the legend of Saint Ladislau and, under them, from the legend of Saint Margaret. The best-preserved mural painting is on the lower row, which illustrates the scene of the Last Judgment.
In the second half of the fifteenth century, a major reconstruction was carried out. The old sanctuary was demolished, and the new sanctuary with ribbed vault was built.
Text and photo source: http://virtualisszekelyfold.ro/