The Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk


Address

Șumuleu Ciuc, Miercurea Ciuc, Romania

About

The chapel, located on the edge of the square in front of the church, was built in 1767. It is the place where the pilgrims were traditionally welcomed and where the Whitsunday procession began.

The commemorative column of the Battle of Tolvajos Pass, which took place on 17 May 1567, built from the royal judge's donation, Count Henter Antal, is located next to the chapel.

The column was originally raised on the battlefield, but Simon Jukundián moved it to the current location around 1870.

Location

  • Șumuleu Ciuc

Similar Suggestions

St. James and Philip chapel - Racu

Chapel

The Passion Chapel

Chapel

The Szekler Calvary. Ugron Chapel

Landmark / Chapel

The Roman Catholic Chapel St. Ana

Chapel

Saint Anton Chapel Șumuleu Ciuc

Chapel