Main Spring no. 1 Borsec
Main Spring no. 1 is one of the oldest springs. It is captured for industrial use, being the source with the highest flow rate; is located at the end of the 7th Alley Springs. Ötvös Ágoston calls it Borsec Spring. It was captured in 1770.
The first chemical analysis was conducted under the aegis of the Vienna Medical College in 1803. The water of the main spring has been regarded as one of the best water, being undoubtedly the Queen of Mineral Water. In 1962 it was recaptured following the plans of Bucharest engineer Mihail Vernescu. This was supervised by the geologist Artemiu Pricăjan from Bucharest and Simion Bonţideanu from Târgu Mureş.
The memory of this recapture is plated in marble above the entrance. The annual flow of the spring is 8 million liters. The water temperature is 7.5 - 8.9 ° C. It has the highest carbonic saturation. At just 60 meters was the first small-capacity bottling hall with its own power plant. In Borsec, the Oelhofer-Walser bottling machines were used for the first time, which, at that time, were the best of the bottling machines.
Foto source: http://www.visitborsec.ro/